- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Extinguish a candle before leaving the room.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never touch or move a candle while it’s burning
- Place candle on a stable flat surface away from flammable objects.
- Allow wax to melt completely to the edges of the container to prevent tunneling. Diameter of the container dictates how many hours first burn should be (ex: 3" diameter = 3 hours for first burn)/
- For best candle performance, avoid burning candles for more
- than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Avoid drafts and windows. Air currents can cause rapid or
- uneven burning.
- Trim your wick before relighting to keep your wax clean. On first burn, don’t trim your wick too short or it will cause tunneling
- If your flame is too high, extinguish your candle, let it cool and trim your wick.
Scents and scent throw
Our candles are made with the recommended amount of oils by our fragrance suppliers. We take great care making sure we make the most fragrant candles we can, but some fragrance oils are stronger than others and soy wax does not throw as strongly as petroleum-based waxes. We feel that trade off is worth it for the use of a healthier, natural wax base.
Also be mindful of the size of the candle jar you’re burning. The bigger the room, the larger candle size (or number of candles) you will need to fill it up with fragrance. If you’re having a hard time smelling it, simply put it in a smaller room or try a simple solution like leaving the room and re-enter it after a few minutes.